Saturday 16 January 2016

Small Paintings

I carried on with the Lisbon Tram project for a couple of hours this morning - I'll be posting about that shortly. Now, here's the thing. With the Artist's Group we've been offered some exhibition space, and what with a spate of sales over the last fortnight I came up with the idea of bumping up my stock by painting my first small pictures. Normally I paint on boards which are either 12x10 inch or 20x16inch, but a couple of weeks ago I bought 6 small canvases - 7x5inch.

Last night I sketched out three of them: -


I haven't painted out the bubble car yet, but the Soulful Spaniel was a very quick paint - about 30 mins in total: -

For a very quick painting I'm not unhappy with this.

The tram took quite a bit longer. Background and foreground were a doddle, and very quick, but the tram itself was very fiddly. Here it is


I honestly didn't notice the problems with this painting until I finished it, when it was too late. It's such a shame the draughtsmanship isn't up to scratch, because I love everything else about it. Oh well.

This painting has since been sold

No comments:

Post a Comment