Saturday 11 June 2022

2022 30x30 Watercolour challenge - 12 and 13

 Back to proper watercolour paper today. I can see the difference.

12) Copy of an Alain Bedard Painting
I say copy - sadly this isn't very like the original at all. Again, I did my best with it, since this was today's prompt on Sketching Every Day. Google the original, and forget about this copy. It really catches something about France for me - which is a little odd as he's from Quebec City and paints scenes of he city. Well, to be fair, it is a massive French speaking city. 
13) Old Scottish Fisherman

This came out so much better than I expected. I was inspired by an old black and white photo. My 3x great grandfather, James Clark, was a fisherman from Panbride, near Arbroath. He was very young when he died, leaving behind a wife and three boys, the oldest of whom was my own 2x great grandfather.He was a merchant seaman until he met my 2x great grandfather, then he stayed on land, stoking the furaces in a steelworks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment