Monday 20 June 2022

2022 30x30 Watercolour Challenge - 22 and 23

 I'm not very well at the moment, I'm sorry to say. I've got some kind of virus which has gone through everyone in my house in the last few days. We're all covid negative, but it gives you a bad chest, a sore throat and a head in a bucket. Still, a prompt on this month's Sketching Every Day is National selfie day. So here it is:-


This is so close to being god. That bloody left eye is just slightly too low. If it was just a millimetre or two higher up then I'd be delighted with this. So I decided to have another go at a portrait for number 23 - here it is:-


Yes, someone slightly more famous than me. Considering the fact that this is direct watercolour, I'm pretty pleased- I don't think you could mistake who it's meant to be. Also I really like the way the out of focus, shadowy guys in suits behind her have come out. 

Not the first time I've depicted Her Majesty the Queen, but the last time was an ink sketch: - 


No comments:

Post a Comment