Sunday 19 June 2022

2022 30x30 Watercolour Challenge - 18 - 21

 Now, you might be asking yourself, what is he doing posting  all at the same time? Well, the fact is that I finished number 18 this morning, and painted all of the other three today. 

18) Metropolitan Railway No.1 at Ealing Broadway Station
Yes, having painted a tram and been delighted with the result, yesterday saw me begin this painting of a steam excursion pulled by a restored original Metropolitan Railway locomotive into Ealing Broadway, my home borough. This took me ages yesterday and I didn't even finish it. Mind you I was coming down with a virus. That's my excuse. Still, it did cause me a certain amount of anxiety, since my strategy for the 30x30 challenge is to go like the clappers at the weekend and produce as many paintings as I can. One alone on a Saturday won't cut it.

19) Hippo

So, as I said, the plan is usually to go like the clappers on a weekend. So as soon as I'd untaped the previous one from the board, I taped another piece of paper down, and knocked out this hippo in double quick time. And I'm really pleased with it too! Considering how quickly I knocked it out, it's pretty much what I was trying to do.

20) Puffin Billy
When I was thinking about what to paint before the start of the challenge, I did promise myself a couple of simpler subjects. This is one of them, and it was even quicker than the hippo. I've been keeping Billy the puffin in my back pocket just in case I was starting to feel behind schedule and he was just what I needed today. So much so that I felt fresh enough to do one more today:-

21) Menai Bridge, Anglesey

3 weeks ago I took a wonderful road trip with my youngest daughter, Jess and my son in law Dan. On the way back we drove over this, the beautiful Menai Suspension bridge. As it happens this is a subject I've done for the challenge before, back in 2019. I know which I prefer, but you see what you think:-






No comments:

Post a Comment