Monday 27 June 2022

Ta DAAA! 30 x 30 Watercolour Challenge 2022 Completed!

 Here we are then. Here's the last few stages for number 30 then: - 


The most obvious developments here are that I've extended the tree on the right, painted the house wall beneath it, and turned the station building green. I did some research today, and every picture I've found of the tram stops seems to show that they were green. Good enough for me squire. You might also notice that I've painted in the trackbed and the grassy verges either side.


I had a clear plan this evening. Sort out the right hand side of the painting - did that. Sort out the track bed. Did that. Apply the railings on top. This picture shows that I did that as well. I extended the railings as far as the back end of the tram, which meant that I could finish . . . 


the tram itself. Or at least, the body work. It still needed the windows filling in. Being realistic though it only needed this, and the stuff to the left of the tram, and we had a finished article. . . which looks like this : -

30) Mumbles tram at Southend stop. 

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed the challenge, and I'm so pleased with myself that I gave myself such a challenging subject to finish, and didn't wimp out of it. I'm going to give myself a day or two to get my thoughts together about the challenge as a whole, and then I'll post again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment