Sunday 26 June 2022

30x30 Direct Watercolour Challenge 2022: 26- 28

 Yes, one the one hand we're nearly there now, good people, but on the other hand today is the last non working day of the month for me. And we have to be done by Thursday. So I've been cracking on this weekend. Here's 26:-

26) The Waverley
The Waverley is quite a famous old lady, although she's maybe not s old as you've maybe expect, having been built as recently as 196. She is the world's last sea going paddle steamer. 

27) Port Talbot Plaza Cinema

This is the art deco frontage of the Plaza CInema in Port Talbot. I've sketched this one many times, and even painted it in acrylic, although never before in watercolour. The acrylic version was actually based on exactly the same view, although you'll notice that I did change the message on the board to an advert for Gone with the Wind in that painting. 

Acrylic Port Talbot Plaza - painted c. 2016

As for number 28, well, I followed the prompt for the day on Sketching Every Day, this being Elton John Playlist. I loved this one because it meant that once I'd done his face, I could just go mad with the colour which made it a very quick painting to complete.

28) Sir Elton John



No comments:

Post a Comment