Sunday 12 June 2022

2022 30x30 Watercolour Challenge: 14 and 15

 Halfway there, dearly beloved and 3 days ahead of schedule. I shan't lie to you, the next one was inspired by a prompt on Sketching Every Day coming up later this week. 

14) Tower Bridge in the fog
The prompt wasn't specifically London, but bearing in mind its lasting reputation, despite the fact that the very last of our pea-soupers happened the year before I was born. 

During last year's challenge I think I must have painted or different London Tube stations. Well, they were a very nice little earner. Four out of the five of them sold. Well, I'm not saying this one will sell, but you never know. This is Mornington Crescent Station, made famous ( in the UK) through the eponymous 'game' in Radio 's "I'm sorry, I haven't a clue." Also, although you can't see it, there's a statue of my distant cousin Richard Cobden MP nearby.



No comments:

Post a Comment